The website is operated by Howcroft Industrial Supplies Limited (“HIS/we/our/us”) a company incorporated in England (Company Number 6055780) with registered office at Unit 9B, Brookfields Way, Manvers, Rotherham, S63 5DL.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner with, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain from you.
Howcroft does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the Howcroft website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Use of your personal information
1. When you register and use this site:
• You will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details and possibly credit card or other payment details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
• Some of our services may require further details.
2. We WILL NOT use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties. In particular we will carry out searches with credit reference agencies.
4. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
5. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf
6. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
7. Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Disclosure of your information
8. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to other companies in the Group.
(b) to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future.
(c) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(d) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(e) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
9. We refer in paragraph 3 above to the fact that we may carry out credit reference agency searches to obtain information about you. These agencies record those searches. In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies, other lenders and relevant third parties including our legal advisors and debt recovery agencies.
11. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
14. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
15. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee.
16. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please email firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Changes to policy